Saturday, December 1, 2012

Sous vide eggs, Ricotta Fritters

First Attempt at Sous-viding eggs. I used oiled glad wrap (did my research, and yes it is safe to do!) to make the egg pouch. Secured it with twine & let it sit in a water bath of 64 degrees for about 50 mins. They were straight out of the fridge, so I wanted to ensure the yolks came to temp.
 
Results? Very yummy! perfect yolks, the whites were a little softer than I like (but certainly cooked). I will keep egg-sperimenting and find a perfect formula!
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
Ricotta Fritters! Based on Jamie Oliver's 15 minute meals, I whipped these up in no time:
 
1 tub light ricotta (500g)
1 egg
zest 1 lemon
nutmeg to taste
1heaped TB plain flour
 
Blend on speed 4-5, 10 sec & dollop on med hot pan. Very good with a little cheese on top.
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment